VIPKid offers an amazing opportunity for TEFL certified teachers. Pay your bills and have the freedom to travel while teaching English online to young learners through VIPKid’s fun and interactive platform. Click here to sign up today!
Work anywhere you want to be! Teaching online gives you the flexibility and freedom to teach from the comfort of your our own home, anywhere in the world.
Requirements to apply for VIPKid:
- Bachelors degree
- Ability to work in the U.S. or Canada
- At least 1-year experience teaching or working with kids
- If you have any teaching certification (i.e. TEFL), that’s great! But if you don’t have any certifications, VIPKid will provide you with a short TESOL course during your application process.
- Check out VIPKid’s FAQ page for more info.
You’ll need to setup a classroom space with colorful, fun, or educational props displayed behind you. Make sure the lighting is balanced and does not cast shadows or cause glare.
- Step 1: Sign up here and complete the basic info form
- Step 2: Interview. This is a 5-10 minute lesson that you can choose to prerecord or teach live with a VIPKid interviewer who is pretending to play a 5-year old student. VIPKid provides all lesson materials beforehand.
- Step 3: If you pass the interview..Teaching Prep/Mock Classes is next. You will take mock classes to certify to teach certain levels, again with an interviewer who is playing a 5-year old student, but way less pressure!
- Final Step: Sign your contract and upload documents. Yay!
Salary | Make UP TO $22/hour
- Base pay $7-$9 per 25 min. class = $14-$18/hour
- Bonus Incentives +$2/hour for arriving to class on time
- Finish 30 classes/month +$1/hour
- Finish 45 classes/month +$2/hour
Who are my students?
My online ESL students range from about 4 to 12 years old and are all based in China. It’s been an amazing experience working and connecting with my Chinese students.
Besides the freedom to travel, my students are what I love most about teaching online. They inspire me everyday and have made my TEFL career an incredibly rewarding experience!
Hours | Beijing time zone
- Since VIPKid’s students are based in China, the prime teaching hours are:
- Weekdays at 5:30 – 8:00 pm Beijing time
- Weekends at 9:00 am – 8:00 pm Beijing time
Apply for VIPKid today using my referral link or use my personal referral code CHRIS2028 when signing up.
I’m happy to provide further resources and tips as well as answer any questions you may have throughout the application process. Please feel free to email me at Christine@seajcub.com.
Good luck and happy teaching!
PUBLISHED BY: Christine Jacob | EZenglishinc.com